It’s true: the least productive thing you can do is wine.
However, sometimes it is cathartic. Whine and then move on.
So, I’m whining:
- It has been gray and cold here for days and days. Even snowed two days ago. I feel as if I haven’t seen the sun in years.
- We have had to end a friendship. This loss is profound.
- We’ve finally redid the last room in our house that hadn’t been renovated already and our yard, front and back, have been fully landscaped. Just maintenance from now on. But I haven’t been able to get outside to do that maintenance, which I find soothing, because of the awful weather.
- I’ve completed my last consulting gig — no more, no matter how “enticing” it seems. Consulting is really hard. People want your advice, they beg for your advice, they pay you for your advice . . . and then they don’t do any of it! Frustrating, to say the least.
- I am angry at the behavior of the President and puzzled and perplexed to understand how we got here.
It seems like a lot of things are coming to a close, not yet replaced by something new. I look out, scanning the horizon for what might be coming. I’ve always been excited when I have something to look forward to. Just not seeing it . . . yet.
I promise to “move on” next week.